Hand or machine-wash with warm water and mild soap or detergent, or Jolastic® Washing Solution. No chlorine bleach. Warm water rinse. Hang or lay flat to air-dry. May dry in a dryer on low heat or delicate setting. Placing your stockings in a mesh laundry bag will help protect them during the wash cycle.
Special care for JOBST thigh high style hoisiery
- The use of skin care products (such as skin creams, body lotion, or powder) as well as various skin types (such as dry or peeling skin) and hair growth may prevent the silicone band from keeping the thigh high in place.
- To improve the performance of the silicone band under the above conditions, we recommend the following steps:
- Turn the JOBST® Thigh Highs inside out before washing.
- Before the main wash, thoroughly hand wash the silicone band using a delicate fabric detergent. Concentrate on removing any lotion, powder , hair or other foreign material from the silicone.
- Follow the "Application and Care Instructions" included in the JOBST® Thigh High package.
Replacing your garment
The elastic fibers of your compression garment stockings will break down with wear. Proper care will increase the "life" span of your stockings, but you will need to replace your stockings or sleeve at about every 3-6 months depending on how often you are wearing and how you are caring for your garment. As a general rule, if your garment becomes easy to put on, it probably needs to be replaced.