Properly fitting JOBST® compression stockings and arm sleeves should feel snug at first. It may take a few days to adjust to the pressure. Before you put on your stockings or arm sleeve review the Helpful Hints and Donning Methods.
- Compression garments are easier to put on when you first get out of bed, before swelling occurs.
- Remove rings and jewelry that could damage your garment
- Use gloves (rubber or vinyl) to help position the garment on your leg
- Make sure your skin is dry before putting on your JOBST® hosiery
- Avoid rolling or bunching the fabric as this will create too much pressure in specific areas
- Apply a thin layer of cornstarch or powder to help the stocking (or sleeve) slide smoothly over your skin
- Apply moisturizer to your legs (or arm) in the evening - not just before putting on your garment